Thursday 12 November 2009

Final changes for my front cover

Once I had made what felt like the final front cover, I closely analyzed each part of the cover. I realized there were a few little changes I could make to improve the effectiveness of my magazine cover.
I felt like the colour pins which were in the top left hand corner could be swapped with another corner. I copied a section of the pin board background which I then placed over the pins. I liked the effect and colour of the pins in the corner so I wanted to ensure that they would remain on my cover. I then replace the pins where I had previously copied the background from. Although this is a small change to make I felt it was necessary as the title fits in better and looks for bold and effective.

I then decided to change the order of the two main sub-headings. I swapped "all the latest from the common room" with "winter warmers". I did this as I wanted the audience to see the common room update first and then browse the rest of the page for more previews of the articles. I experimented with lots of different layout for the text, but then decided to keep it simple yet clear.

After a lot of time making sure all the final touches to my cover were complete , this is the final school magazine front cover which I came up with:

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding work Camilla - really detailed. And you photoshopped the pins! Well done!

    ReplyDelete